THE TERMS OF THIS PRIVACY & DATA USE POLICY ("POLICY") ARE LEGALLY BINDING. IF YOU USE OUR SERVICE (AS DEFINED BELOW), YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS POLICY.
Kaashu, LLC. ("Kaashu," "we" or "us") respects the privacy of its users and has developed this Policy to demonstrate its commitment to protecting your privacy. This Policy is intended to transparently disclose to you how we may collect, use and share your information.
This Policy applies to you, as an individual, when you use any of Kaashu's services, whether using our website (www.kaashu.com), our mobile site or any other web-based or mobile service or any offering through any of our websites (collectively, our "Services"). We encourage you to read this Policy carefully when using our Services or transacting business with us. If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please refer to the end of this Policy for information on how to contact us.
Information we receive about you
In General. We receive a number of different types of information from you when you use our Services, some of which is personally identifying, some is not. The information received through our Services may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Information you provide. We may collect and store any personal information you enter on our Services or that is provided to us in some other manner. This includes identifying information, such as your full name, mailing address, email address, image, telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method or PayPal account. We also may request non-personal information about your interests and activities, your gender, your location (such as ZIP code and/or country), and other demographic or profile information and we may ask you to complete a survey or send us a review.
- Information from Social Network Services (including Facebook). If you link our Services with any third party social networking service then we may collect certain information related to or associated with your account with that social networking service. For example, our Services allow you to create and/or associate an account on our Services using your Facebook account credentials through Facebook Connect. You may have the ability to control what information is shared from these third party social network services by adjusting the privacy settings on those services.
- Information from other sources. We may also periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners, contractors, and other third parties and may add it to our account information or other information we have collected about you. Examples of information that we may receive include but are not limited to: updated delivery and address information, purchase history, and additional demographic information.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically receive information from the browser of the computer or device from which you visit or use our Services. This information may include (without limitation) your IP address, your browser type and language, access times, the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us (see "Cookies" below), and the referring website address.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. When you visit our Services, we may assign the browser from which you access our Services one or more cookies or similar technologies to facilitate access to our Services and to personalize your online experience. Through the use of a cookie or similar technology, we also may automatically collect information about your online activity on our Services, such as the web pages you visit, the links you click, and the searches you conduct on our Services. Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies or decide which types of cookies to automatically accept or reject. If you choose to decline cookies or other similar technologies, please note that you may have difficulty signing in, and may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered through our Services.
- Mobile Devices. We may receive information from your mobile devices when you visit our Services, such as identifiers for advertising ("IDFA") and geographic or geolocation information. If you choose to turn off identifiers such as IDFA or locational tracking on your mobile device, please note that you may not be able to use some of the interactive features offered through our Services.
- Information about others. We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us when you use our Services, including (without limitation) email address, physical address. So, for example, if you use our Service to send other people a gift, information that may interest them, invitations or correspondence, or other communications through our Services, we may store and use the information you provide to us. We use the information you provide about others in several ways, including (a) to allow people to respond to and comment on your Kaashu invitation; (b) to send reminders and other event information; (c) to display your guests' email address or other information to other guests of the same event; (d) to send post-event communications and promotional emails; (e) to provide certain services through our Services; and (f) to provide to third parties under some circumstances.
How we use the information we collect.
We may use information that we collect about you to:
Personal Information from Social Network Services (including Facebook). We will use the personal information that you allow us to access from your social network services account to either create an account for you on the Kaashu Services or, if you already have an account on the Kaashu Services, then simply to associate your current Kaashu account with your social network services account. For example, if you already have an account with Kaashu and you choose to connect your Facebook account with Kaashu, then Kaashu will associate your Facebook ID with your Kaashu account to allow you to log in to your Kaashu account through with your Facebook ID.
Financial information. If you provide us with financial information or payment information for the purpose of transacting on our Services, then we will use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our Services, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With whom we share information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information you have provided to us or that we have collected about you or your activities on our Service.
We may share information with:
Through our Services, you will be given an opportunity to access other third-party websites that do not operate under this Policy. For example, if you click on an advertisement in our Services, you may be taken to a website that we do not control. These third-party websites may independently solicit and collect information, including personal information, from you and, in some instances, provide us with information about your activities on those websites. Kaashu is not responsible for the practices of these third parties, and we recommend that you consult the privacy statements of all third-party websites you visit to review how they use information collected from you.
How you can access your information
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
If you have an online account with us, you also may choose to close your account at any time by submitting a request to our customer support department via the "Contact Us" link or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. After you close your account, you will not be able to sign in to our Services or access any of your personal information. However, you can open a new account at any time. Please note that if you close your account, we may still retain, use and disclose information associated with your account.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions through our Services.
While Kaashu does not give you the opportunity to remove your information from our database, you may remove your registration information from your My Account page as described below. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails or newsletters from us or to discontinue use of the Services. If you are a registered user, please log in and visit My Account page of the Kaashu Services and uncheck the box related to sending information to you via email or send us an email (including your email address) at email@example.com. If you are not a registered user, but are a recipient of Kaashu invitation, you may delete your name from the guest list by requesting to be removed from the guest list on the invitation page. When you register on our Services, you will be given a choice as to whether you want to receive email messages about special offers. You may modify your choice at any time by clicking on the My Account link on the Kaashu Services, visiting the My Account page, and changing your preferences. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt-out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you other types of transactional and relationship email communications, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. We also allow users the option of changing information previously provided. This may be done through the following method: (i) visit the Kaashu Services and log in, (ii) click on the "My Account" link, and (iii) change the relevant information. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party.
How we protect your personal information
We take reasonable security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) intended to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees, contractors, and service providers are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. In addition, we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our Services to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, or searches, or other information will always remain secure. Please be advised that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our Services are for a general audience and are not directed to or intended for children under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 and if we become aware that we have, we will promptly delete such information from our servers.
Visiting our websites from outside the United States.
If you are accessing our Services from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. This Policy and the storage, use and disclosure of your information under this Policy, is governed by the laws on the United States. The Services are controlled and operated by Kaashu from the United States and you expressly waive the application of any laws of any territory other than the United States. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By using our Services, you understand and agree that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy, and the laws of the United States apply to the use, storage and disclosure of your information.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties or require disclosure of any personal information relating to users of the Services.
Changes to this Policy
Kaashu reserves the right to amend this Policy at its sole discretion and any modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting. When we revise this Policy, we will notify you by posting the new Policy on the Services with the "Last Updated" legend at the top of this page. By continuing to use the Services following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy or any changes thereto, you may not continue using the Services.